Barista Skills Intermediate course (SCAE)
The Intermediate Barista course is the second and more advanced course of the SCAE coffee diploma.
This two day course is aimed at for intermediate baristas or people already confident with their basic barista skills. Learn to use the different coffee extraction methods like Aeropress, V60, syphons and more. Perfect your espresso extraction and milk frothing techniques.
You will learn:
- Coffee: the components of a blend, distinguish species and varieties and geographical differences.
- The perfect espresso: balance of flavors, extraction times, sub extraction and over extraction, changes in the flavour.
- Adjusting the grinder: differences between “on-demand” vs. Traditional grinder, adjusting the dosage on different types of mills, demonstration of micro adjustments with different mills and their effect on the espresso
- Cleaning and maintenance of the espresso machine and grinder, chemical characteristics of milk: its composition, emulsion different types of milk, emulsion techniques.
- Preparation of common drinks: American espresso, machiato, cappuccino, latte, flat white.
- Introduction to latte art: free pour.
- Other types of infusions: Aeropress, Chemex, French press, Japanese syphon
- Learn how to do cupping
- Health and Healthcare, Customer Service, Financial Management and dealing with other problems.
Price: 355€ + I.V.A
Length: 2 days from 10:oo to 16:00